“Our body mind container must be strong and stable.
Then, we can fill it with energy from our practice and carry that energy everywhere we go as a heightened state of aliveness.”
200-hour Pranakriya Yoga Teacher Training with William
The Pranakriya 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training is one of the most solidly grounded, transformational and logically structured yoga teacher trainings in the country. Pranakriya Yoga serves practitioners who have a love for yoga born out of practice and experience, and who want to become a better teacher of yoga. Our goal is to skillfully encourage personal reflection regarding physical, mental and emotional aspects inherent in each pose, pranayama and meditation, helping students recognize that what is discovered on the mat can be used in everyday living. Our Directors are compassionate and reassuring, asking teachers-in-training to play with the edges of their comfort zones so they can feel fully alive. Once they discover this aliveness, they in turn can share it with others.
- This program is steeped in the Tantric Hatha Yoga Philosophy but is also created from adult learning models. We thread together asana, anatomy, pranayama, meditation, philosophy, relaxation, observation and hands-on assisting as well as reading and working with groups and individuals.
- The training is taught in nine, intensive weekends and class size is limited to 24 students. This format supports students having time to integrate the material, complete homework and prepare for assigned practice-teach sessions.
- In the first half of the program, students will learn effective methodologies for teaching postures, pranayamas and centerings. Students will also learn about the history and philosophy of the Tantra Hatha Yoga tradition.
- In the second half of the program, students will learn to design and lead three kinds of classes: a vinyasa workout class, a meditative posture class, and a gentle stretch class. Our graduates have a deep understanding of the teachings of yoga and will be prepared to teach in a variety of settings including yoga studios and gyms.
Here are the courses I am currently offering:
Pranayama & Yoga
Pranakriya - PKSYHA
You must meet the following requirements to take our program:
- At least two years of yoga practice (at least six months of classes with a certified instructor).
- The ability to demonstrate an experiential understanding of yoga practice and its benefits.
The Pranakriya Basic 200-hour YTT is registered with the Yoga Alliance and meets or exceeds all its requirements for 200-hour teacher training programs.
During Pranakriya YTT I learned how to teach poses, not just perform them.
I feel fortunate to have discovered the Pranakriya 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training.
If I had to do it all over again, I would still choose this training.
I came to the Pranakriya 200 hour training with the intention of teaching yoga.
It has been transformational in developing discipline, growth, and self-awareness.
It has definitely prepared me to work with specialized populations in a way that I didn’t see coming!
– Pamela Stokes Eggleston
I was surprised by how much the program cultivated personal growth. Was not expecting that to be such an active part of the training. Jen Prat – CT
The practice teaches are a wonderful prep for what teaching might be like after YTT. Rachel Dennert – CT
I don’t think there was a single question that William couldn’t answer for me or anyone else in the class. Stacee, William, Johanna and Monica were all amazing and helpful, open to questions, supportive, and high energy. The Pranakriya YTT program has changed me as a person. I’ve come to know myself inside and out. I‘ve learned about anatomy, yoga philosophy, sequencing and breathwork. I’m proud to be part of the Pranakriya lineage, and I can’t wait to teach it to others. Jennifer Smith-McVeigh – CT
William is knowledgeable and breaks things down to be easily absorbed. He has introduced me to a new person, myself. Denise Dunham – CT
The Pranakriya School of Yoga Healing Arts is a non-profit educational organization dedicated to teaching the ancient and contemporary practices of yoga to enhance the lives of individuals.
Find us in these states:
Alabama • California • Connecticut Florida • Georgia • Illinois Maryland • Massachusetts
New Mexico • Pennsylvania
Yoga with William Hufschmidt
Statement of Faith
If we are somehow endowed with participation of some kind of divinity, then we are indeed special, and should treat each other with the respect and dignity this demands.
If, on the other hand, we are the accidental outcome of blind natural processes in a cosmos that is indifferent to us being here at all, then we are indeed special, and should treat each other with a tenderness and respect befitting such serendipitous surprises.
by Frank Casper
Lay Minister, Unitarian Universalist Congregation of Atlanta
Atlanta, Georgia © 2008
Explore my website!
- Class Registration
- About William