“Our body mind container must be strong and stable.
Then, we can fill it with energy from our practice and carry that energy everywhere we go as a heightened state of aliveness.”
(37+ hours) $50, when submitted
Schedule this with William at firstname.lastname@example.org
Learning how to give Thai yoga requires learning how to receive Thai yoga sessions. This practicum invites our students to receive Thai sessions from yourself and from others, and then document the qualities and observations from the sessions.
The self-massage sessions will help you develop your ability for effective, healthy, nurturing touch. This will allow you to experience in your own body the results and sensations of the work you do. The sessions you receive from other practitioners will offer you valuable awareness for the diversity of skill, techniques and sequencing for sessions; you’ll also learn what you like and don’t like as a receiver, to better serve the people who allow you to work on them.
Part I: Repeat the Thai Yoga Basics & Sen Lines course 1+ times:
- This will allow you time to review the techniques, and get feedback from the course director on your skills.
- The director might suggest that you repeat the Thai Yoga Basics & Sen Lines courses multiple times, depending on the amount of time since taking the courses originally, or if your skills require more development before completing the Thai Practicum.
Part II: Complete and document minimum Eight Self-massages
- 10 hours – TEN 60-minute sessions of Self Massage with journal entries
Part III: Document GIVING a minimum of TEN 90-minutes client sessions:
- 18 hours = TWELVE 90-minute sessions with journal entries
Part IV: Document RECEIVING minimum SIX 90-minute or longer Thai sessions:
- 9 hours = SIX 90-minute massage sessions with journal entries.
The Practicum will be considered complete when all documenting materials plus $50 have been received and approved by phone call with William to review your status towards the Thai Yoga Practitioner certification.
Here are the courses I am currently offering:
- The Embodiment Experience
- Spine, Midline and Breath: Movement Meditations for Deepening Somatic Embodiment co-taught with Mary Bond
Pranayama & Yoga
Pranakriya - PKSYHA
The Pranakriya School of Yoga Healing Arts is a non-profit educational organization dedicated to teaching the ancient and contemporary practices of yoga to enhance the lives of individuals.
Find us in these states:
Alabama • California • Connecticut Florida • Georgia • Illinois Maryland • Massachusetts
New Mexico • Pennsylvania
MY INSTAGRAM FEED:
YOGA WITH WILLIAM
Statement of Faith
If we are somehow endowed with participation of some kind of divinity, then we are indeed special, and should treat each other with the respect and dignity this demands.
If, on the other hand, we are the accidental outcome of blind natural processes in a cosmos that is indifferent to us being here at all, then we are indeed special, and should treat each other with a tenderness and respect befitting such serendipitous surprises.
by Frank Casper
Lay Minister, Unitarian Universalist Congregation of Atlanta
Atlanta, Georgia © 2008