“Our body mind container must be strong and stable.
Then, we can fill it with energy from our practice and carry that energy everywhere we go as a heightened state of aliveness.”
William leads these courses for PKSYHA:
- NEW: Embodiment: A Pranakriya Immersion
- 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training
- Understanding the Hatha Yoga Pradipika
- Pranayama: Theory & Teaching
- Anatomy for Yoga Practitioners and Teachers
- Holding Space: Developing Skills for Presence & Touch
- The PK Thai Certification
- About Pranakriya
(60+ hours) $50, when submitted
Schedule this with William at firstname.lastname@example.org
Learning how to give Thai yoga requires learning how to receive Thai yoga sessions. This practicum invites our students to receive Thai sessions from yourself and from others, and then document the qualities and observations from the sessions.
The self-massage sessions will help you develop your ability for effective, healthy, nurturing touch. This will allow you to experience in your own body the results and sensations of the work you do. The sessions you receive from other practitioners will offer you valuable awareness for the diversity of skill, techniques and sequencing for sessions; you’ll also learn what you like and don’t like as a receiver, to better serve the people who allow you to work on them.
Part I: Complete and document minimum TWELVE Self-massages:
- 12 hours – 12 total sessions – 60 minutes of Self Massage with journal entries
Part II: Receive and document minimum TWELVE 90-minute or longer Thai sessions:
- 18 hours = 12 total sessions – 90 minute massage sessions with journal entries.
Part III: Document a minimum of TEN 90-minutes client sessions:
- 30 hours = 20 90-minute sessions with journal entries
Part IV: Repeat the Thai Yoga Basics & Sen Lines course 1+ times
- This will allow you time to review the techniques, and get feedback from the course director on your skills.
- The director might suggest that you repeat the Thai Yoga Basics & Sen Lines courses multiple times, depending on the amount of time since taking the courses originally, or if your skills require more development before completing the Thai Practicum.
The Practicum will be considered complete when all documenting materials plus $50 have been received and approved by phone call with PKSYHA to review your status towards a Thai Yoga certification.
Pranakriya School of Yoga Healing Arts offers teacher trainings, retreats, classes and workshops that explore the ancient practices of Tantra Hatha Yoga. We encourage all students to practice with focus at a level to both humble and inspire their lives. We work to foster an open and accepting community of growth, healing and transformation that invites all practitioners to listen deeply and to respectfully follow their own soul’s dharma. Our mission is to support humanity, become more fully alive and live attuned to Prana.
Find us in these states:
Connecticut • Florida • Georgia • Illinois • Maine • Maryland • Massachusetts • New Jersey • New Mexico • North Carolina • Pennsylvania • South Carolina • Vermont • Washington
MY INSTAGRAM FEED:
YOGA WITH WILLIAM
Statement of Faith
If we are somehow endowed with participation of some kind of divinity, then we are indeed special, and should treat each other with the respect and dignity this demands.
If, on the other hand, we are the accidental outcome of blind natural processes in a cosmos that is indifferent to us being here at all, then we are indeed special, and should treat each other with a tenderness and respect befitting such serendipitous surprises.
by Frank Casper
Lay Minister, Unitarian Universalist Congregation of Atlanta
Atlanta, Georgia © 2008